Amanda BurlinsonAndrew Sullivan Brudnell Bowen Charlene Yacovelli Courtney Schwartz Debbie Sherman Deborah Massimin Heather Wilson Heidi Roddy Kate Brough Kate Gallagher Keith Somers Kelly Drew Lisa Kurjiaka Lori Hylinski Mary Ellen Haussler Melissa DiPaola Melissa Jennings Melissa Scott Meredith Hallgren Millie Callahan Pedro Muniz Rachel Criscuolo Ron Monticone Sandra Mangan Stephanie Kinkel Sandra Mangan
Nov 14, 2021 at 2:18:50 PM
Thank you to those who were able to join us for the November PTO meeting. It was fun, short and sweet. For those unable to join us, here’s a brief recap.
- Book Fair was a huge success! A number of volunteers also noted it was the easiest and most organized book fair. A HUGE thanks to Kate Bittner for such a phenomenal job under incredible restrictions. The PTO profit totaled $4,397.10 from all 3 schools, including a profit OMS (which normally doesn’t happen)!! I think it’s safe to say the kids were super excited to have book fair back.
- Halloween Costume collection is ongoing throughout November. PTO will host a costume sale in September 2022, so send in those gently used/new costumes to school. There are boxes in each school.
- Amazon Smile is ongoing and a great way to raise funds for the PTO. Especially with the holidays coming, be sure to sign up. Info is on our website.
- Clothing Drive is ongoing all year. Donation bin located at the Gazebo, 462 Oxford Rd.
- The district will be participating in a Pajama Day to benefit Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Tentative date is December 10. Keep an eye out for upcoming details.
- School Food Drives and Stuff a Bus is ongoing.
- Veteran’s Day was celebrated throughout each school, with tons of activities, lessons and projects going on all week.
- I would like to thank Dr. Robert Miller for participating and attending our PTO meetings this year. It’s very much appreciated to have Dr. Miller available and assisting the PTO, while answering all of our questions. Thank you!
- WE NEED YOU!!! Positions are open and we need parents with younger children to begin to get involved. A lot of our position holders will be transitioning out of K-8. If you or someone you know is interested in helping out however you can, please stop by a meeting or let me know.
- Next meeting – Thursday, December 16 at 6:30pm at the OMS Library.
As always, thank you for everyone’s help, time and dedication to the PTO.