Hello everyone, happy gloomy Sunday!
Thanks to all who were able to make our November meeting. If you couldn’t make it, no worries. Here’s a brief recap:
– Funded Items: QFS Crabgrass Puppet Theater, QFS Bubblemania, QFS author Alan Katz assembly, QFS Prismatic Laser Show, GOMS Companion Pet Welfare Club, OCS 4th grade Science Center Field Trip, QFS 2nd grade Maritime Aquarium Field Trip, partial contribution to GOMS 8th grade Boston Field Trip.
– GOMS Halloween Dance was a huge success with a large turnout.
– Halloween Fun Run didn’t work out and we opted not to do it. Looking ahead to planning a Spring Fun Run Event.
– Book Fair went very well and evening event was extremely well attended. We made about a $3,000 profit from OCS and QFS. GOMS only earned Scholastic Dollars to use.
– Display My Art Fundraiser at QFS and kids attending ice cream social went well. Online orders are due by 11/25.
– Believe Fundraiser has been delivered to homes and schools.
– Direct Donation Drive Flyer was e-mailed out this week.
– Holiday Shop at QFS and GOMS (OCS Student Council runs their sale): 12/10 & 12/11. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS PLEASE! Let me know if you are available during the day and can help.
– GOMS Play Frozen Jr is 12/6 & 12/7 at OHS.
– PTO is donating two live wreaths to the Festival of Trees on 12/13 & 12/14. Charity that will benefit from our wreaths is Oxford OASIS.
– Kate Bittner is the new Book Fair chair.
– We welcome Melissa DiPaola who is our new Box Tops coordinator! Thank you Melissa!!
– May 9, 2020 at Oxford Greens starting at 5pm. Tailgating/Sports theme. Casual dress. Wear your Oxford colors or favorite sports apparel.
– Committee needs help seeking donations and sponsors. Please email Andrew Sullivan (email@example.com) or Sandra Mangan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help. Most things can be done at home at your leisure. Thank you Millie Callahan who has offered to help the committee!
– Thursday, 12/19 at 6:30pm at OCS Library. December is a busy time of year. As the date gets closer we’ll determine if we are able to hold a meeting or cancel until January.